Roman Yaremchuk: “In the break the coach found the necessary words”
Forward of the national team of Ukraine Roman Yaremchuk commented on the result of friendly match against Nigeria.
Yesterday, the blue and yellows had a difficult game, in the course of which they conceded - 0-2, but managed to snatch a draw. The last goal in the match was scored by Roman Yaremchuk. After the game ended, the striker commented on the result.
- How satisfied is the team with their actions?
- Probably, we can be pleased with the result, as they pulled a draw in the losing match and now we will go with clubs in good mood.
- Comment on your scored ball.
- I haven't seen it again. Someone says that there was a hand, someone - that was not. However, the score was 2: 2, everyone is happy.
- In the first half, your opponents literally scattered you. What is Nigeria's physics team?
- We could not leave our rivals alone, give them a chance. I have played with many Nigerians in Belgium, I know their strengths. I have said before that it will be very difficult for them.
- How is it - going into the second half at the expense of 0: 2?
- In psychological terms, it is very difficult. We had a bad first half. However, during the break, the coach found the words he needed, and the second half of the meeting left a pleasant impression.
- Today in the center of the field Zinchenko and Malinovsky played without Stepanenko. Did you feel his absence?
- We understand that Taras is the leader of the team. Without it, it is really difficult. He is able to close zones so that opponents can't even get the ball. All the heels behind him, he wins the whole fight, cleans up. Stepanenko is a true supporter, a person of character, a true leader. We lacked these strengths of ours, and what Nigeria used to do.