Officially. UEFA adopted decision on matches and tournaments with participation of national teams in May-July 2020
Today, UEFA held a video conference with the general secretaries of all 55 national associations that are members of the European Football Union.
Taking into account the views of its participants and the recommendations of the working groups established on 17 March, the UEFA Executive Committee has adopted a number of decisions.
• All matches for the men's and women's national teams scheduled for June 2020 will be postponed until further notice. This also applies to Euro 2020 playoff matches and women's Euro 2021 qualifying matches.
• All other UEFA-sponsored matches, including international friendly matches, are postponed until further notice.
• Competitions of youth and women's national teams:
1) Final tournament of the European Under-17 Championship, scheduled for May 2020, is canceled;
2) Final tournament of the European Under-19 Championship, scheduled for July 2020, is canceled;
3) Final tournament of the European Under-17 Championship, scheduled for May 2020, is postponed until further notice (as it is a qualifying tournament for the WU-17 World Cup);
4) Final tournament of the European Under-19 Championship, scheduled for July 2020, is postponed until further notice (as it is a qualifying tournament for the U-20 World Cup).
• UEFA Champions League Final, scheduled for April 2020, is postponed until further notice.
• Dates related to all UEFA club competitions in the 2020/2021 season will be postponed until further notice. This applies in particular to the transition and registration of players. UEFA will set new deadlines.
Concerning club licensing and financial fair play
UEFA Executive Committee reaffirmed its full support for the licensing of clubs and financial fair play and agreed that the present exceptional circumstances require some adjustments that will facilitate the work of associations and clubs.
UEFA supports the proposal to give national associations more time to complete the club licensing process until the procedure for their entry into next season's UEFA club competitions is determined.
Due to the complete uncertainty resulting from the current emergency, UEFA Executive Committee decided to suspend the licensing rules for clubs concerning the preparation and evaluation of their financial activities. This decision applies exclusively to their participation in UEFA club competitions in the 2020/2021 season.
The COVID-19 pandemic previously forced & ...
The COVID-19 pandemic has forced the ...
UEFA has decided to pay now ...