Officially. UEFA adopted decision on matches and tournaments with participation of national teams in May-July 2020
Today, UEFA held a video conference with the general secretaries of all 55 national associations that are members of the European Football Union.
Taking into account the views of its participants and the recommendations made by the working groups set up on 17 March, the UEFA Executive Committee has taken a number of decisions.
• All matches of the men's and women's national teams, which were to take place in June 2020, are postponed. This also applies to the Euro 2020 playoffs and the women's Euro 2021 qualifiers.
• All other matches under the auspices of UEFA, including international friendly matches, are postponed.
• Competitions of youth and women's national teams:
1) Final tournament of the European Under-17 Championship, scheduled for May 2020, is canceled;
2) the final tournament of the European Championship among girls under 19, scheduled for July 2020, is canceled;
3) Final tournament of the European Under-17 Championship, scheduled for May 2020, is postponed until further notice (as it is a qualifying tournament for the WU-17 World Cup);
4) the final tournament of the European Under-19 Championship, scheduled for July 2020, is postponed until further notice (as it is a qualifying tournament for the U-20 World Cup).
• The UEFA Futsal Champions League final, scheduled for April 2020, is postponed.
• Dates related to all UEFA club competitions in the 2020/2021 season will be postponed until further notice. This applies in particular to the transition and registration of players. UEFA will set new deadlines.
Concerning club licensing and financial fair play
The UEFA Executive Committee reaffirmed its full support for club licensing and financial fair play and agreed that the current exceptional circumstances needed some adjustments to facilitate the work of associations and clubs.
UEFA supports the proposal to give national associations more time to complete the club licensing process until the procedure for their entry into next season's UEFA club competitions is determined.
Due to the complete uncertainty caused by the current emergencies, the UEFA Executive Committee has decided to suspend the licensing rules for clubs concerning the preparation and evaluation of their financial activities. This decision applies exclusively to their participation in UEFA club competitions for the 2020/2021 season.
Officially. The UEFA Executive Committee has made several important decisions on tournaments involving clubs and national teams
Today, September 24, took place for ...
The COVID-19 pandemic previously forced & ...
The COVID-19 pandemic forced So ...