National Team's chef: Borsch is respected in every country, and we always cook it on training camps
Chef of the national team of Ukraine Lubomir Tosic participated in the live broadcast of the project #GOnline on UAF's Instagram page, answering fans' questions and selecting the winners of #samsobichef challenge.
- Liubomir, do players eat fast food?
- Football players are people too, and sometimes they can allow themselves fast food. Certainly, there is a limit. If not to abuse, if the soul desires ... You can't forbid it.
- But you don't cook it?
- I'm not. In general, you need to understand what fast food is. If the burger is made of good meat ... Why do they think it's fast food, that it's bad?
- Are there any vegetarian players within the team?
- Not now. The last was Bohdan Butko, who gave up meat a few years ago.
- Who in the national team most often comes for a supplement?
- I don't keep an eye on it (smiles). I don't look after who and how much eats.
- To have muscles, like Malinovskyi, you need to eat well?
- Yes. But that doesn't mean he has to eat four servings at a time. We have five meals a day.
- Seleznyov seems fat on TV screen, and in real life is much thinner...
- True. The way he's been training in recent months ... King!
- Do football players believe in signs before matches? Maybe they don't eat something specific?
- No, that's not the case.
- What can't players eat?
- We make sure there is not much poppy if they eat buns. Because if it's too much, there may be problems when they take a doping test. We also do not cook pork. Everything else is possible. We try to ensure that the players have a variety of food.
- Do you like Ukrainian cuisine? What about our borsch?
- Yes, I love it very much and cook it once in a while. The same with the buckwheat, to which I got used to two or three years. Borsch is respected in every country, and we always prepare it at training camps.
- Is coffee forbidden for players?
- Coffee, like fast food, cannot be prohibited. Although I read that Arsene Wenger wouldn't let it when training Arsenal.
- After the quarantine announcement, you started #Samsobichef challenge, inviting fans to cook something at home. How did this idea come about?
- I started cooking at home and thought others could do it as well, and decided to offer such a challenge to the fans of the national team so that they would also prepare something at home, because people were still quarantined.
- Were the winners being chosen?
- This is the boy Ivan who cooked the biscuit. He will receive a gift - a t-shirt of the national team of Ukraine. Roman also originally prepared potatoes. We will also give him a prize.
Weekend for the legionnaires of the national team of Ukraine: a possible Sable trophy and the finish of our Italians
The upcoming club weekend brought ...
Throughout its history, the national c ...