FIFA's decision on the international calendar for national teams in 2020-2022
As a result of a lengthy consultation process with confederations and all stakeholders, the FIFA COVID-19 Task Force has put forward five proposals for an international calendar of matches for men's teams following the coronavirus pandemic.
The FIFA Council unanimously approved them. About this according to the official website of FIFA.
FIFA's decision on the international competition calendar:
- postpone the intercontinental playoffs of the World Cup from March 2022 to June 2022;
- for ROS, CAF, CONCACAF and OFK - to cancel the competition window in September 2020;
- for CONMEBOL and UEFA - to approve the competition window in September 2020, as planned, subject to monitoring the situation with COVID-19;
- for UEFA - to extend the windows in October and November 2020 by one day to ensure three matches per month instead of two;
- for AFC, CAF, CONCACAF and OFC - to expand the window in June 2021 by seven days to ensure four matches instead of two.
In addition, the FIFA Council approved an updated Regulations on the football tournament at the Olympic Games in Tokyo in 2020, adapting it to the new dates - from July 21 to August 7, 2021, including the use of VAR. The age limit for players taking part in men's competitions will not change (ie players born on or after 1 January 1997 will play, except for a maximum of three players for each of the participating teams).
Today in the online conference mode ...
In May, it was approved ...